[KwartzAnnounce] Mitch Altman & Jimmie Rodgers coming to Kwartzlab - Friday, August 6th (and: help!)
Kwartzlab Members Announce List
announce at kwartzlab.ca
Tue Aug 3 03:29:50 EDT 2010
Hey folks! Mitch Altman (Noisebridge founder, creator of the TV-B-Gone)
and cohort Jimmie Rodgers (Atari Punk Console, LoLShield) are doing a
midwest hackerspace workshop tour and would like to do an electronics
kit-building workshop at Kwartzlab this Friday, August 6th in the evening.
Mitch isn't charging for his time to run the workshop, but the kits
offered will cost between $10-30 (most are $20).
*PLEASE RSVP TO THE LIST if you'd like to attend!* I'm hoping there's
enough interest within Kwartzlab however if not then I'd like to open
this to the public as well.
Some of the kits that will likely be available:
- TV-B-Gone (turn off TVs in public places!)
- Brain Machine (Meditate, Hallucinate, and Trip Out!)
- LEDcube (cool cube of blinky lights!)
- Mignonette Game (play fun games!)
- Trippy RGB Waves (interactive colored blinky lights!)
- MiniPOV (more cool blinky lights!)
- MintyBoost (charge your USB enabled gadgets!)
I also need two things to happen...
- Lending/donating soldering irons & stands/sponges to Kwartzlab (we
need as many as possible)
- Crash space for Mitch and Jimmie (I can probably swing this)
If you have some irons+stands you can lend us for this friday, it'd be
I realize this is short notice, but I think we can make things work! For
reference, here's a link to a previous workshops they've conducted:
Treasurer, Kwartzlab Society Inc.
More information about the Announce