[KwartzLab] An Open-Source Oscilloscope!
md at cantares.on.ca
Thu Jun 7 18:34:25 EDT 2012
I'm hoping some of you might be interested in an open-source HW/SW
project I've proposed - a professional performance oscilloscope!
Discussion and definition has started here:
I know... There are tons of scopes out there, from toy on up. But
this will be unique:
- High-performance (e.g., 500MHz, 1-2GS/s, ~128MS buffer)
- Fast-acquisition mode (some $20K+ scopes don't have this; no cheap ones do)
- Modular input design using daughtercards
- Advanced triggers
- High-res at lower sampling rates
- Logic inputs
- Signal gen output, also enabling TDR, VNA?, basic swept measurements...
We're aiming for a baseboard cost of maybe $400. Each input module
(if high speed) will be about the same.
And being open-source, there's no limit to the advanced analysis
software we can write for this. Coooooool.
More information about the Discuss