[KwartzLab] [Members] need Hacky Halloween volunteers
agnes.niewiadomski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 23:48:22 EDT 2013
Also want to make sure we are covering our bases for things that still need
to be gathered, or purchased and brought over to The Museum, and take a
list who is taking charge of these items (*please add your name in bold*):
- pumpkins- (pick up 8AM Glenridge Zehrs, at the corner of Lincoln &
University in Waterloo)* Terry, John, Mike, Kevin + Agnes and Bernie to
help load up the trucks*
- wagons/carts to help load the pumpkins inside the Museum- *Agnes (1), *
- carving saws (have been assembled)-
- scoops (have been cut to size)-
- Pushpins for pattern transfer -
- toothpicks, to repair pumpkin after carving accident-
- patterns, printed out from zombiepumpkins.com- *Steph Smith*
- scissors, for cutting excess paper from the patterns (we have lots at
the lab, scattered)- *Agnes*
- tape, to hold the pattern on the pumpkin while transferring the
- newspapers, to protect tables from pumpkin guts (we need lots!!)-
- pails, to hold pumpkin guts- *Kevin can you bring yours again??- *
- fine point markers, for marking out patterns-
- large kitchen knife to slice goop off the lids-
- heavy duty garbage bags for emptying guts into-
- Ziploc baggies for taking home seeds-
- Propaganda -(kwartzlab banner, donations can and sign, signs for the
front door, quarterpage kwartzlab flyers, stickers, buttons)- *Agnes*
- Soldering stations, Candle kits, instruction guide, power bars and
soldering accessories-* James*
*James and I will pick up the soldering stuff as well as anything from the
carving supplies that has been gathered up (there is a clear bin already
started) from the lab Saturday morning and head over to the Museum to set
up, aiming to arrive by 9am.*
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM, doug moen <doug at moens.org> wrote:
> One more thing for Hacky Halloween volunteers.
> Hive Waterloo is providing organizational support for the overall Family
> Hack Jam event.
> They will be providing pizza, drinks and t-shirts to volunteers, including
> Hacky Halloween volunteers, but they'd appreciate it if you filled out
> their volunteer form: http://hivewaterloo.ca/popup/volunteer/
> On 24 October 2013 21:50, doug moen <doug at moens.org> wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, the pumpkin team has self organized.
>> But we still need lots of volunteers to help run Hacky Halloween this
>> * Pumpkin unloading: pumpkins begin arriving between 8:30am and 9am at
>> THEMUSEUM front doors
>> * 10am-5pm : open hours for our event
>> * pumpkin carving: help kids carve pumpkins
>> * soldering: help kids solder the electronic candles
>> This event is lots of fun, so please come out. This year, we'll be
>> sharing THEMUSEUM with "Engineering in Action" (UW Engineering is running
>> science and eng demos for kids), as well as with Family Hack Jam (tech
>> education workshops for kids).
>> Please respond to this message if you are coming out on Saturday.
>> Indicate when you can arrive and leave, and what you'd like to help with.
> KWartzLab Members discussion list
> Members at kwartzlab.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss