The Great Kwartzlab Spring Cleaning
Our epic spring cleaning starts between April 26th and May 3rd, 2010. We've been up and going for over 6 months now and there's things to cleanup/fix in every room (especially our new tool room!) Here's a list of things to do.
If you can take charge of any specific task, please edit this page and put your name beside the task. Once we're finished a task, strike it out here (don't delete it) so we know it's been completed. If there's a task we're missing here, add it to the list!
Now let's get cleaning!
- Brick wall 1: Clean off loose paint -- there are wire brushes and a respirator available if needed
- Brick wall 2: Repaint the Brick Wall. Chris Bruner will supply paint and do it. (Announce on list when Brick Wall 1 is done).
- Trap Door: Preferably a sheet of metal to go over the trap door in the corner, (I noticed some spare ones in the boiler room, Chris)
- Clear off workbenches: There some misc. stuff that needs to be sifted through/tossed.
- Metal scrap: We either need to put this in Buran's storage room in the hall, or we need to send it for scrap (Buran wants money for this stuff, so if we can leave it with him *outside* the lab then let's do that)
Wood on the benches: We need to move the wood off the bench so we can start putting the smaller power tools (drill press, bandsaw, etc) on there. If we can stow it underneath, or construct something to lean the wood against the wall, that'd be great. - Pawel
- Peg board tool holder: I would like to see a pegboard put up on the hall wall over the toolbenches with marker outlines of the tools that are there. (suggestion by chris)
- Bin Shelf Cleanup: We need to clean off this shelf so there's just the bins sitting there. There are tools and other things that can go other places (tools in tool room, etc). Small items should be stored in the member's bin. There are still lockers available as well.
- Clear out unused/reuse bins: There are a few bins with junk/electrical parts/etc that we could move somewhere else, and clear up bins for new members to use. There are also two bins under the bar that only need lids.
- Clean up video games: We should clean up the small shelf and move consoles and accessories over to it. - Ben
- Clean off wire cart: We have that fancy wire cart that has an old TV and audio equipment on there. It'd be nice to use this for other purposes, so let's find a spot to setup the audio in the lounge (and figure out what to do with that Sony TV). - Ben
- Run cable for door control: Need to run a network cable from the workroom switch to above the front door for our nifty RFID entry system - Ben
- Need Shelving: We could use some shelves in the corner where the drill press used to be. This way we could keep equipment (like the oscilloscopes/multimeters) on there without cluttering the electronics benches, which are a mess.
- Cleanup Electronics Benches: Goes with the above task -- get the tools organized.
- Peg board : I would like to see a pegboard for small hand tools in this room as well. It would help with keeping tools organized.(Suggestion by Chris)
- Power for work benches: It'd be nice to have something a little more permanent then daisy-chaining power bars along the wall.
- Network cable for work benches: We'd like to have (at the very least) a single network drop at each workbench for wired networking (only needs to be one, we can drop a switch off on any table as we need them). - Ben
Need Shelving: There's a tall shelf in the tool room we were thinking of moving into the kitchen (where the beer empties are). This way we can store food and appliances that aren't being used (right now there's no place to prepare food!) - Ben
- Shelves for storage room: We need to get Ed's parts off the floor and onto shelves. We could use the wood in the tool room to construct some (doesn't need to be too wide, just enough for the boxes).